Cinterion Wireless Modules has launched a new machine-to-machine wireless data module for automotive designs. The new AGS3 module adds land grid array (LGA) technology to its automotive-grade modules.
The AGS3 is Cinterion’s sixth-generation automotive module and is optimised for peak performance and rugged automotive application environments. It includes solderable LGA surface-mounting technology for efficient, fully automated manufacturing and process consistency, as well as advanced telematics features and functions from a 65nm ARM9 processor.
The module meets the requirements of the European eCall initiative and is ideal for ITS applications such as toll collect, telematics, fleet management and emergency call and roadside assistance solutions. It provides GPRS class 12 data speeds on 2G Quad-Band frequencies (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) for worldwide coverage. Other highlights of AGS3 include:
- Cinterion LGA 119 form-factor mounting
- Full TCP/IP support (TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3)
- Industrial Interfaces (USB, 2x serial, SPI, I2C)
- RLS monitoring / jamming detection
- Advanced temperature management, operating range: -40°C to +85°C
- Latest processor technology: ARM9, 65nm
- Antenna diagnostics as manufacturing support
- SIM access profile
- Automotive e-mark certificate
- Prepared for European e-call initiative
“We continue to push the M2M envelope, providing innovative modules for a broad range of budgets and applications worldwide,” said Norbert Muhrer, CEO and president, Cinterion Wireless Modules. "There’s tremendous opportunity and demand in the automotive sector and AGS3 with LGA mounting enables cost-effective process manufacturing for eToll, eCall, fleet management and other large scale telematics applications.”
Post a Comment