From the Portable Multimedia blog and market researchers Forward Concepts, here's a very interesting list of LTE chip suppliers for 2011:
- Altair: FourGee-3100 undergoing field trials.
- Broadcom (via Beceem acquisition): Announced, likely sampling Q1/2012
- Cavium Networks (via WaveSat acquisition): Odyssey Single-mode LTE chip is sampling.
- Intel/Infineon (via Blue Wonder acquisition): Expect to sample LTE in Q3/2011
- MediaTek (LTE licensed from DoCoMo): Product sampling likely Q1/2012 for TD-LTE, Also licensed Coresonic's LTE baseband IP.
- NTT DoCoMo LTE Licensees: Fujitsu, Panasonic & Renesas (based on Tensilica DSP cores); Now in Japan field trials.
- Qualcomm: MDM9600 shipping in HTC Thunderbolt (see below), but MDM9625 and MDM9225 Sampling Q4/2011
- Renesas Mobile Corp.: The (SP2531) is based on a Nokia-originated (non-TI DSP) design. It supports TD-LTE and FDD-LTE cat 3 with HSPA+ and now sampling.
- Samsung Semiconductor: Shipping in both dongles (TeliaSonera in Sweden) and handsets (See below)
- Sequans: WiMAX chip house, working with Alcatel-Lucent. TD-LTE dongle modems (SQN3000 series) shipped in small quantities in May 2010.
- ST-Ericsson: Thor M7400 LTE/HSPA+ modem will be sampling in Q2/2011.
Post a Comment